Thursday 15 August 2024

2024 July summary


Mustard Aran hat, pre-teen size. I don't have measurements yet for this, so knitted flat from age suggestion and will choose seam style to adjust when his mum gets back to me. Length just touches tops of my ears, so ribbing  likely to turn up for him. 

Summer wrist warmers in light brown baby merino. An odd ball that's a really good match for my skin tone has been my travel project. Top down, 60 St's rib on 3.25mm dpns, thumbless, worked gusset down to 52 St's (though 48 would have been better). Both warmers worked down to the forearm so far.  I'm hoping for 8" to 10" length. Why for summer? So I can wear some of my nice short sleeve shirts and tees without scratching at my eczema. 
(EDIT Next time, on 3.25mm dpns, c/o 56St,, rib half an inch. Leaving a 4 st bridge, make thumb hole 1.5" deep. Reduce to 48st at wrist, and increase at forearm to 52 or 56 before edging below elbow. If I choose garter stitch edges for historical reasons, cast on 52 with fewer decreases below thumb.)

Only enough of the pink yarn left for a newborn hat. It's progressing slowly top down, but I've started the rib now. 

Test wears. Our part of the UK has been just outside the warmer air stream. On the couple of days above 20°C, the altered silk top was very comfy. The L shaped scarves worked as a extra layer as well as for sun protection. The white floral top and the new-to-me split sleeve tops are still waiting for a suitable occasion. 

The Mallard raglan cardigan made last year only works with a dress. Tracked down more yarn - and unfortunately it is less muted in colour. I need to knit up a sample to see if it will do for cuffs and bands - and if so can use the existing cuffs and bands to add an inch or so and bring it down to cover my skirt and trouser waistbands. 

No sewing. The Chicken-print fabric Betty top has been neglected in the hope of a warm and quiet day. (Edit. Fixed in early August) 

Possibles  -  same as last month

Repairs done. 
Only household e.g. tightened screws on frying pan. 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment