Saturday 18 June 2022

2022 May - mostly small steps forwards

What got finished:
Stopped tinkering with the sage green French Terry jacket. It drapes better now and has been worn with only positive comments from friends and acquaintances. Perhaps I'm being fussy when I would like it 1/2" longer and with smoother sleeves.

Knitted seat belt padding. I rarely travel by car. However, being a petite person, when I do, seat belts catch on my neck. DD took me to Anglesey to try see Puffins, and we did see an Osprey, a wild Peregrine, some seals and lots and lots of lovely creatures, plants and scenery. A 5" by 3" rectangle, plus a band with two button holes, helped a lot. 

Updated the croquis. New photos, and a new tracing of my outline, which is diverging even further from the 'standard' templates. Used the croquis to work out the stripe placement on a planned cardi*. And to see whether it was worth altering a tee shirt with an added band - I prefer with, but not enough to risk spoiling what I have.
*Amazing DD and DH replanned the outward journey to our holiday cottage once they knew there was an even bigger branch of a fabric shop en-route. Three cuts of fabric and some haberdashery were added to our luggage.

Repairs and alterations As part of the Me Made May review,  apart from assorted tiny repairs, I was mostly trying to deal with the armpit wedgie which I think is due to my increasing upper spine curvature.

Tea pot print shirt. Released a vertical dart into a pleat, much more comfy.
White plissรฉ Freya. Let out at junction of armscye and sleeve seam. 
Paisley Freya. Used seam allowances to add 1/8" x4 at notch height.  However, until friction soreness from the weekend subsides, it's not useful to tinker more. 
Paisley Mica. Permanently stitched the hem. 

Slow knitting: 
Talvi sleeves are progressing slowly, horseshoe scarf even more slowly. I'm optimistic about both, but am sewing more than knitting this month, and am joining in with a community outdoor project. 

And now I've got some oomph back, there's a backlog of household tasks, mostly just cleaning and fixing up, to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment