Wednesday 30 November 2022

Toddler wristwarmers

Another leftovers project. Green/olive stripe toddler wristwarmers, for donation. 

Basic design is a 6" square, seamed above thumb, a gap, then a seam from there to wrist. These will be a bit smaller, for preschoolers, and knitted in the round. 


Leftover yarn, so knit top down to use every inch. I wanted to try reverse stocking stitch edging, and I like it. However I failed at yarn chicken, so the lower edge is different - intended a 3-stitch purl I-cord, but not enough yarn. 

The key thing for fit was to keep the cast on and cast off loose enough.

The amount of yarn left means there's about the same depth above and below the thumb hole. The owner can choose which way up they like to wear them. 

The finished warmer will just about go on my hands (I'm a small adult), though it feels tight. So, narrow as it looks, it'll be fine say age 3-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment