Wednesday 28 September 2022

Mrs Mole's Fit-a-long : progress is slow

No pictures yet, or at least none worth straightening and cropping. 

Since the last post, I have been spending time most days tweaking the back dart. It's been various lengths and widths, but keeps coming back to somewhere near my original guess, taken from the horseshoe shaped stress lines when tissue fitting. Give or take change in the exact points, since I've added at the shoulders and yoke. 

Today for example I raised the hip curve at the side seams, which eased the tightness at the bony ridge/high hip. Makes sense, it will have dropped when fabric was added above.

Tomorrow I want to raise the lowest point by about an inch, for the same reason. And remember to wear the winter bra for fitting (Light clothing today for sunny autumn weather. The tide was in for my lunchtime walk, which brought the small waders close in to the shore)

The centre section now feels right, following the curves of the spine. However the oblique photos still show excess below shoulder blades at the sides and a little pulling at yoke and hh.
Try again tomorrow.

On a positive note, the secret knitting project just needs buttons and ends sewing in. The more public handbag- sized project, a set of hats for donation, has reached more than half the number I said I'd do, so I could send the completed ones off once they're photographed. And the decorating we said we would do in September has only one more step to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment