Friday 2 September 2022

Mrs Mole's fit-a-long: Extending the front

Mrs Mole very generously gave me some specific advice about the front of my trial top.

I've started at the shoulders, and worked down until the light became too poor for photos.

The summary, things done and next things to do is shown as notes on the photo. 

There's been a change in the plan as well, that instead of fitting for my summer 18-hour bra, the carp print one, I've decided to fit for my winter bra*, which is more supportive, though less breathable.  Since I'm trying to fit the best I can, let's fit the best-looking me. Note to self, how much do I care that those padded straps show? They are in a better place on my shoulders than too many that I've tried.

So tomorrow, take a smidge off the upper strip. And work on those bust darts, then the below-bust strip. Not sure if you can see on the photos, but the lower slash line crosses the waist. That'll need moving up a bit once the darts are reorganised. I'll need to think about that neck overlap - it appeared when I changed bras - is it because there is more projection in the supportive bra?




There are local photos, but I've taken them off the blog after realising the cropping was rubbish


* Not a single one for summer and one for winter - can't guarantee they'll dry overnight in our climate. Rather the same style and size in each 'season'.

No comments:

Post a Comment