Thursday 8 September 2022

Mrs Mole's fit-a-long: What a difference wedges make

Since the last post, I've 

  • Traced and tidied the pattern front.
  • Cut out and transferred the markings to the new fabric.
  • Stitched darts, shoulders and sideseams. (The lowered back shoulders are just a temporary hack to hold the front in the right place, until I start working on the back properly)

I can't believe how well the new front sits on my tum!

Still to do:

Take out a wedge from the hem near the sideseam. 

Last night I pinned out 2" going up to the abdomen mark - not enough in either direction. The two extra wedges at centre front add about 2.75" and .5" at the hem, so I guess it'll be some combination of these numbers, with the wedge angle probably at the waist. EDIT: 2.25" with the angle at the waist looks good.

Just a couple of snaps, full of pins at the side seams, the lower right pin  is skew - it fell out while I was setting up the camera. BTW, there is indeed a white stripe towards the outer edge of the front - using an old duvet cover.

And for comparison, though I've switched to a more supportive but less breathable bra now it's starting to feel autumnal here. Think I might need a tad more extra fabric as well as having raised the darts.




There'll be no sewing or blogging for a few days -  I have a friend arriving for the weekend, so there'll be lots of chatting and probably some knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment