Wednesday 19 October 2022

Mrs Mole's fit-a-long: bodice tweaks, the pictures

Rather belatedly here are the picture taken just after the tweaks in last week's post. (Goodness, it it a week ago already?)

Since these were taken, I've replaced the temporary blue sleeves with gingham (from the beyond-salvage shirt), stitched on the pocket a smidge further to the centre, tidied the hem and darned the tear. I don't think there are enough scraps for a mandarin collar, but I can probably piece a neck facing if I don't worry too much about which is grain and which is cross-grain.

I'm really glad I looked at these pictures on a bigger screen. I think the back will be improved  if I make the darts narrower, say 1/2" intake instead of the current 3/4". That'll probably help the incipient drag lines across the lower tum, too.

Also knitted more than I should have done, had fun with the family, caught up some admin and a tiny software project, and done more nature watching. (It's just past the peak of  pink foot goose season here, but there are still plenty on their daily commute from saltmarsh to stubble). A good week.










No comments:

Post a Comment